Mock Tuna Sandwich
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sweet or dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free Soy mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- lettuce optional
- mustard optional
- Mash beans with a bean masher. Place in a bowl and add celery, onions, relish, lemon juice and fat-free tofu mayonnaise. Mix well. Chill to blend flavors. Spread bread with mustard, if desired. Place about 1/2 cup of the spread on four of the bread slices. Add lettuce, tomatoes if desired, close up and eat. Cut up a celery and carrot into sticks and eat with sandwich.
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 doves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cans 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can dark-red kidney beans drained
- 1 can chickpeas drained
FOR THE TACOS:
- 8-10 hard corn taco shells
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced red or white onion
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes diced
- 1 sliced avocado
- Heat the pan; add water to sauté the onion, and red bell pepper for 10 minutes until they are soft. Add the can tomatoes (drained) to pan on low heat, add garlic. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin and stir in.
- Stir in the kidney beans and chickpeas; cook for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the tacos: Place 1/4 cup of the cooked veggies in each taco shell. Top with some shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Add avocado and your favorite salsa if desired. Serve immediately. Use soy cheese or rice cheese, optional.
Plant Based Ratatouile with Pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 zucchini sliced in half and then sliced in half moons
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil or ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley or ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 box spaghetti or linguine or rigontoni
- In a large pot of boiling water add your pasta and follow the package instructions. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add in the vegetable broth and onions. Saute the onions until translucent and then add the garlic and red bell peppers. Saute until soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes. Taste test for spices and add more if needed.
- Add the spaghetti to the ratatouille and mix softly so that you don’t break the spaghetti. Serve with fresh basil.
- 6 cups fresh arugula loosely packed
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes red or green or a mix
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- One half a small red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon shallots
- ½ teaspoon ground flax seeds and 1 tablespoon agave
- Salad: add ingredients to a bowl.
- Dressing: Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make the salad drizzle on the dressing and toss to combine.
4 to 5 Servings