Mock Tuna Sandwich
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (no-salt) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle slices or dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free Soy mayonnaise or make your own (see recipe link below)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- lettuce optional
- mustard optional
- Mash beans with a bean masher. Place in a bowl and add celery, onions, relish, lemon juice and fat-free tofu mayonnaise. Mix well. Chill to blend flavors. Spread bread with mustard, if desired. Place about 1/2 cup of the spread on four of the bread slices. Add lettuce, tomatoes if desired, close up and eat. Cut up of celery and carrot into sticks and eat with sandwich.
See Tofu Mayo recipe to make your own fat-free mayo.