Tofu Breakfast Scramble
- 8 ounces low-fat extra-firm tofu crumbled
- 1 2 1-2 yukon gold potato diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers optional
- Crumble the tofu in a mixing bowl with a whisk or by hand. Steam the potato for about 5 minutes.
- While it is steaming, heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat. Drain water off the tofu and crumble into the pan. Add salt, gently stirring it while it is in the pan and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until tofu begins releasing its water. Stir the turmeric and potato into the scramble, cooking for 1 more minute.
- Add the onion powder and Dijon mustard and mix well. Cook for another few minutes, stirring regularly, lowering the heat if the tofu begins to stick.