Plant Based Ratatouile with Pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 zucchini sliced in half and then sliced in half moons
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil or ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley or ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 box spaghetti or linguine or rigontoni
- In a large pot of boiling water add your pasta and follow the package instructions. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add in the vegetable broth and onions. Saute the onions until translucent and then add the garlic and red bell peppers. Saute until soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes. Taste test for spices and add more if needed.
- Add the spaghetti to the ratatouille and mix softly so that you don’t break the spaghetti. Serve with fresh basil.