- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine spaghetti pasta, or a gluten-free pasta, enough for two or three people
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 to 12 stalks asparagus woody stems removed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups of snow pea pods
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half or 1 can diced canned tomatoes (drained)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for taste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh basil
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al denté, according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet heat the water or vegetable broth over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes until fragrant and the onion is beginning to soften.
- Add the asparagus, snow peas, brocolli and sauté for another 4 minutes, until it begins to turn bright green. Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cooked pasta, lemon juice and fresh basil Stir it all together and serve.