Hearty Vegetable Stew
- 1 bag fingerling potato your favorite sliced in half
- 5 carrots cut in large chunks
- 5 stalks celery cut in large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large onion – roughly chopped
- 1 box vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce vegan
- 1 can diced tomato with juice
- Rough chop all of the vegetables and place in a slow cooker, or an Instant Pot except for the broccoli, corn and peas.
- In a saute pan add all of the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil and let simmer while you are rough chopping all of the vegetables. When the vegetables are done, pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir until all of the vegetables are coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slow Cooker- Let slow cook for 6 to 7 hours until the vegetables are soft.For InstaPot – set for 15-20 minutes depending how soft you want vegetables.
- About one hour before you serve, add the broccoli, corn and peas. I always add these vegetables last because they have a tendency to break down if slow cooked too long. If more sauce is needed add extra water or vegetable broth as needed.