Bean & Corn Enchiladas
- °° Enchilada Sauce °°
- 2 – 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- place all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan. mix well with a whisk until well combined. cook and stir over medium heat until thickened about 5 minutes. taste and add more chili powder if desired. set aside.
- °° Bean Filling °°
- 10-15 corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
- 4 cups mashed or refried pinto beans no-fat, or black beans
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed
- 2 1/4 ounces can sliced ripe olives drained
- 1 2 tablespoon 1-2 chopped green chili optional
- Preheat oven to 290 degrees.
- To assemble casserole:
- Place the beans in a large bowl. Add the onions, corn, olives and green chilies (if you wish). Mix gently until well combined.
- Place 1½ cups of the sauce in the bottom of a large non-stick oblong baking dish. Take 1 tortilla at a time and spread a line of the bean mixture down the center of the tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, placing them snugly next to each other. Pour the rest of the sauce over the rolled up tortillas, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle a small amount of grated soy cheese over the top, if desired. Cover with parchment paper, then cover with aluminum foil, crimping the edges over the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for about 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa and tofu sour cream, if desired.